Tinnitus Australia is hosting a two-day online masterclass from Friday, 12 November to Saturday, 13 Nov 2021, for clinicians interested in learning more about tinnitus. Attendees will
- Understand the neuroscience behind tinnitus, the theoretical models of tinnitus, the causes and risk factors
- Learn about current approaches to evaluation of tinnitus
- Explore multidisciplinary approaches and the role of mindfulness in tinnitus treatments
- Understand the importance of, and some approaches to, self-care for clinicians treating clients with tinnitus
- Learn about future directions in tinnitus research
- Syndon Barabash: Registered Counselling Psychologist and Family Therapist, with over 30 years of experience in a variety of settings including specialist counselling services, and psychiatric settings.
- Victoria Didenko: Tinnitus Australia Chair and lived experience ambassador.
- Dani Fox: A senior audiologist, qualified teacher and practising yoga and meditation teacher, she supports people who are experiencing chronic or severe tinnitus symptoms or sound sensitivities, using a synthesis of her audiological, educational and mindfulness meditation specialties.
- Helmy Mulders: Associate Professor of neuroscience with experience in the neurobiology of tinnitus, auditory neurophysiology and neural plasticity after hearing loss.
- Dunay Schmulian: A communication specialist who holds a double doctorate in the Hearing Sciences and degrees in Communication Pathology and Counselling. Her work spans three continents and she is a valued speaker to clinicians, educators and corporate entities internationally.
- Grant Searchfield: Associate Professor of audiology and an international editorial associate for the Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, the International Journal of Audiology, Scientific Reports and Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience.
- Susan Tegg-Quinn: Clinical and Research Audiologist with a passion for assisting both adults and children who suffer from their tinnitus and sound intolerances.
- Myriam Westcott: Veteran audiologist specialising in tinnitus, hyperacusis, acoustic shock, tonic tensor tympani and misophonia.
This event is endorsed for 12 points by both Audiology Australia and ACAud. To be eligible for points as an endorsed activity you must attend all sessions.
For more information about the event and to register to attend, visit https://www.eventbrite.com.au/manage/events/183126615637/details
If the masterclass isn’t for you, but you’d like to learn more, Tinnitus Australia recently posted a series of informative videos on YouTube.